Fernando H. Jacobs, DDS, Inc.
Meet Dr. Jacobs
Meet the dentist who puts your smile first!
What first attracted you to the study of dentistry?
I have always seen dentistry as a challenge; and the reward is that I get to see the results of my work in the smiles of my patients.
Where did you train?
I earned my D.D.S. degree at the University of California Los Angeles in 1992. Since that time, dentistry has been constantly improving; so I am always learning new procedures.
How do you stay up to date?
I take more than 50 hours of continuing education each year in courses such as orthodontics and implants. I underwent a two-year residency program with emphasis on Anesthesia, Emergency Medicine, Oral Surgery, ENT, Geriatric Dentistry, General Medicine, Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Oral Pathology.
Your office seems to be filled with a great deal of high-tech equipment.
Yes, it’s all a part of my commitment to offering the most comfortable, highest quality care to my patients. By using the latest materials and the newest techniques, I can ensure that the repairs I do today will last for years to come. My goal is to be a lifelong dental partner for my patients.
How important is interaction with your peers?
I find it very beneficial to meet with my fellow dentists in organizations such as the American Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry, California Dental Association, the Tri-County Dental Society and the Mid-American Orthodontic Society. By sharing ideas and experiences, we are working to improve the level of dental care for everyone in our area.
What do you enjoy most about your job?
The interaction with my patients. For me, dentistry has never been about fixing a tooth and moving on. It’s about keeping my patients’ smiles healthy and attractive for life. Knowing that I’ve helped give someone the confidence to share their smile will always be my greatest reward.
- Chief Resident 1990-1994 VA Medical Center West Los Angeles
- Listed Top Dentist in Inland Empire Magazine 2011-2013
- Listed Top Dentist in Palm Springs Life Magazine, December 2009, 2017-2018.
- Patient’s Choice Award 2012, 2017-2018.
- Listed Top Dentist in Esthetic Dentistry, Orthodontics and TMJ for 2003-2004, 2009, 2012 with Consumer’s Research Council of America, 2017-2018.
- Presidential Who’s Who among Business and Professional Achievers 2010-2011, 2017-2018.
- Dr. Jacobs has been acknowledged in an article, “Crowning Achievement” in The Press-Enterprise, Business Section regarding his sophisticated technology in using a CEREC machine to provide his patients the convenience of a fabricated “same-day” crown, in which the entire procedure is usually completed in less than two hours.
Member: American Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry, California Dental Association, Tri-County Dental Society, International Association for Orthodontics, Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation